Thursday, April 9, 2009

Who Moved My Cheese?



I really feel for the shorts who have not let go of the strategies that worked so well in Jan/Feb. Seeing people average down in FAZ is scary. Hey, I'm not real Bullish right now on this whole mess either. The fundamentals are horrible! But it doesn't matter what you or I think at this moment, Old Man Market is the boss.

"Who Moved My Cheese" is a great book about adapting to change (there is a link to this book on amazon if you scroll down and find it). Those great short plays may be back real soon. But for now, a trader has to listen to what the market is telling us. What it has been saying is shorting is a bitch right now, so why fight it? There will be another round of selling. But until that happens, feed on the cheese of the Bulls until it disappears. Then when it's gone, don't beat your head against the wall for what "used to work". Go out and find what is working again.

No comments: