Saturday, June 13, 2009

500 Prop Traders in China.

last year Andy and I were contracted to travel to China and train a small group of traders once a month. They only trade US markets so they are all night dwellers. This is a video clip taken from my first visit in March 08. For those that like to scalp stocks with low liquidity, these are many of the traders you are competing against. They are mostly Econ majors chosen from local universities. Foreign prop shops are increasingly sprouting up across the globe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good insight. Explains why small caps are thriving on STs. I am almost inclined to start playing against them when before I would never consider illiquid small caps.

My reasoning being is that if you're over there training them, which is good and admirable, I translate to also mean that their longer playing opposition over seas(wink wink) have an edge as more and more feed into the system. Hmmm? Yes great clip indeed.